It’s hard to believe it’s already Thanksgiving! Looking for a new side dish for your table this year? Give these delicious sweet potato biscuits a try! They’re guaranteed to be a new family favorite!
250 grams all-purpose flour (approx. 2 cups)*
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3/4 cup whole milk (2% will also work)
1 sweet potato (you’ll need 1 cup of mashed sweet potato, so choose your potato accordingly)
1 stick frozen butter (8 tbsps)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse off your sweet potato and puncture all around using a fork or knife. Put the sweet potato on a small baking dish and bake for 45 mins - 1 hr or until cooked through.
- Combine all dry ingredients in to one bowl. Once the sweet potato has finished cooking, carefully scrape out the inside until you have one cup. Combine that sweet potato and milk in a separate bowl.
- Take frozen butter and shave into the dry ingredients and mix until the butter is coated.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until together. Pull that dough out on to a well floured surface and knead no more than 30 seconds.
- Decrease oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Flatten out dough with a rolling pin or well floured hands until 1/2 inch thick. Stamp out biscuits and bake for 12-15 mins.
Time: 1 hour
Makes: 10-12 biscuits
*When it comes to baking, precision is key! The best way to be precise consistently is to measure your dry ingredients by weight instead of by volume (especially flour). You’ll need a kitchen scale for this purpose and I got a GREAT one from my friends over at Vanity Planet! Click here to get the one I have for 50% off! Use promo code: tchef
See the video here: