This is one of my all time favorite recipes! It’s super easy to make & turns out this beautiful, moist delicious bread! Guaranteed to be one of your new favorite go-to recipes! (Bonus: it freezes well too! Recipe below makes one loaf, but it's easy to double and freeze one for a rainy day.)
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup shortening (I use half regular shortening & half butter flavored shortening)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
3 tbsp buttermilk
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- Combine sugar & shortening in mixer and mix just until combined. Add in eggs one at a time and continue mixing.
- Add flour to mixer one cup at a time, then add baking powder, baking soda, salt & nuts. Mix until combined.
- Add buttermilk and mashed bananas and mix until batter is smooth.
- Pour into well-greased 9x5 loaf pan and let sit at room temperature for 20 mins. (Do not skip the resting period).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Let cool slightly on a cooling rack before slicing.
See the video for my Banana Bread Recipe here:
*Note - the recipe I provide in the video is the same as above, but when I filmed this recipe I doubled it, so you'll see two loaves being made.